Monday, May 28, 2012

I am not an Island or a boat out at sea

Well, non of us are.

You see I am coming to realize that this "home schooling journey" is as much,(if not at times more) about me than my littles. It's about having confidence, realizing I am not alone in my wacky way of thinking or doing things. Yet, I have to also truly get that  it is just about them. Their educational needs, not my fulfillment of some goal or ideal. How will they learn best to be the best people they can become?

So again you might be saying, " What the Blog?" Well, see none of us are alone in our doubts, concerns or journey.  I struggle too. I think it's the beauty of blogs and really why I write this publicly and not in a personal note book.

Where we are now.

Little Miss. Man she is amazing and growing fast. She is at the age where she wants to go to school. She wants to learn. YET and it's a big YET. She doesn't want to be told how or what to do. She's 4 years 2 mo. That is a big shift toddler to school aged kido. Man oh man let me tell you it is rocking her world for a loop. One minute Miss Independence next she is on my back in the sling, needing the physical touch.

My Babe. Now she is in full toddler mode. She is bright and has a big sister so she is amazing. Some times the amazing is in acts like putting together puzzles or Mr Potato head, dancing to a favorite song as she sings all the words in her own special way. Other times it's seeing that sister is jealous or wants something and understanding that she can inter-fear or not trade. She is learning she can emotionally impact the world and people around her. It's truly amazing to get to see this mind/ world shift.

So with all the change what is a mama to do?

Take deep breaths, be patient, love, maintain boundaries, listen, get frustrated, yell a little, apologies, cry with them, remember that you have long term goals and cherish that they will only be this old, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment