Friday, December 30, 2011

At our own pace

In our home we TRY to follow our own pace of living, growing and learning. Remember we are working towards a long term goal, not only for the littles but for ourselves. We aim for an independent critically thinking person who has the confidence and courage to do what is best.

So what does that mean. Well it means we make lots of messes. Some times physical ones all over the house and sometimes in the form of huge emotional displays. Some times I'm the messy one with a lack of sleep fumbling at every turn. Other times it's in the form of glue, train tracks or toddler hood.

I find when we look away from our long term goal and get sucked into what I consider the typical American life style we get dysfunctional. Dysfunctional is like a four letter word in our culture, it gives us all sorts of colorful images. I use it like it was defined not in some sort of realty TV lets have drama sort of way. We go through our day not functioning optimally and in conflict with one another. Really who wants to live that way.

We all struggle when I try to put everyone on a scheduled of how we " should" be or look out side of us to how we "should" look. Since our Family, our TJEd and our Waldorf style homeschooling IS going to look difrent from anyone elses family.

So what does our TJEd, Waldorf Family Home schooling look like? Well Funny you should ask. I think I am going to write a few days in our lives posts. My goal, to share our philosophies on Food, Family, Education, Childhood and Home structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment